Even in this age of big box stores, the neighborhood pharmacy has a special appeal. Perhaps what people are looking for is the personal touch which gets lost in the economies of scale and efficiency. But there’s no reason why neighborhood pharmacies can’t be as efficient as their big box competitors. If you’re an independent pharmacy owner, installing independent pharmacy software may well be the single best improvement you can make in customer service and record keeping.
What is retail pharmacy software and how can it help you?
A retail pharmacy point of sale system is a technology that improves cash register functionality and helps both the independent pharmacy owner and customers. A pharmacy pos system improves your record keeping in all kinds of ways. For instance:
- A retail pharmacy pos systems keep track of all prescriptions, with accurate records that can be accessed anytime.
- It can help with pharmacy cash management, creating a more enjoyable transaction for employees and customers.
- A pharmacy point of sale system keeps track of the effect of medication on each patient, and records all side effects.
- It can keep track of inventory and help you to reorder items, and even negotiate lower costs.
- By keeping track of sales, it allows you to analyze which products are selling well and which are not doing so well.
- It can come with signature capturing, which keeps each customer’s signature on record for comparison.
- Pharmacy software can mange gift cards, coupons and loyalty programs, and monitor their success.
Independent pharmacies are making improvements to their customer service and inventory and record keeping, such as promotions, using mobile technology, home delivery of prescriptions, etc. The most effective improvement might be to install independent pharmacy software which can manage and maximize all the other functions.